Wild Seafood Experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
Our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island, Rottnest.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of an indulgent 5-course menu (scroll down for full menu inclusions).
- Your adventure begins with canapes and drinks upon boarding.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, Blue Swimmer crabs, fresh shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets with Asian fusion tartare.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style.
- Finally comes dessert, with tropical fruits, and pineapple and coconut cream bites.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian still and sparkling wines from Howard Park, plus quality bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- A full day on Rottnest Island (up to 9 hours), with return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth, included in your package.
- All-inclusive 3-hour Wild Seafood Experience on board our premium charter vessel, The Crusader III. Boat features a large open lower deck, an upper sun deck and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities.
- Canapes and drinks served on arrival, among luxury boats moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay.
- Unlimited local still and sparkling Howard Park wines, bottled beers and soft drinks throughout the tour.
- Commentary, guidance and local sea knowledge from experienced crew.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your lunch feast prepared before you.
- Seafood banquet featuring your lobster catch and other ocean-fresh delicacies, followed by dessert. See full menu below.
- Casual yet stylish dining, with white linen tablecloths and full crew service.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy prime coastal views while moored in the calm turquoise waters of Longreach or Parakeet Bay.
- Chance to try your hand at fishing, with rods and bait supplied (on request).
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat. Please note, if wanting to fish, swimming/snorkelling will not be possible.
Deluxe 5-Course Banquet
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh Seafood Platter
featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Mandurah Blue Swimmer Crabs
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Grilled Australian Barramundi fillets,
with Asian fusion tartare
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style
Fragrant Thai lemongrass rice
Broccoli & snow pea salad with sesame seed dressing
Fresh bread and butter
Tropical fruits platter
Pineapple & coconut cream bites
Served throughout the cruise:
Premium still and sparkling wines from Howard Park
Quality local and imported bottled beers
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
If you have special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance.
We can cater for non-seafood eaters, vegans and gluten intolerances.
If you have specific dietary needs, please contact us when booking to discuss.
You are also welcome to bring your own food items on board.
Price & Bookings
Click below to view
all-inclusive package, with ferry transfers
price for tour only, excluding ferry transfers
Only $199 Adult | $139 Child (5-12 years)
|DATES||Please check online for our cruise schedule and availability – click here.
Tours operate daily during peak WA holiday periods.
|TIME||11am to 2/2.30pm
(approximately 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
|DEPARTS||Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure, as we leave promptly at 11am. If you are not booking a Full-Day Package with us and are arranging your own ferry to Rottnest Island, please ensure you arrive on the Island in time to board our cruise no later than 10.45am. Click here for links and further information about transfers.
|WHAT TO BRING||Camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be signed. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.|
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 24 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
Purchase our all-inclusive full-day package from
$259 Adult | $174 Child
when booked on our website using code ‘SAVEONLINE’
- Fully-inclusive 9-hour value package.
- Rottnest Island return ferry transfers. Choose to depart from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys – see ferry timetable.
- 3 to 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience (11am to 2/2.30pm), including chef-prepared 5-course banquet lunch, unlimited beverages, boat cruise, commentary and activities.
- Plus up to 6 hours of time to spend at your leisure on the Island.
Click on the ferry timetable below to see our package departure times with ferry operators
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Departures from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys.
Favourite day in Perth Visiting this island was my favourite day spent over the two weeks. I’d highly recommend, with just a short boat ride over, you have the whole day to explore the paradise island. We hired bikes for the day and explored the entirety of the place, finding lakes, beaches and meeting the lovely locals; the qoukkas!
To find out more about how I spent my time in Perth, visit my blog post at: finediningflights.home.blog MoreFinedining_Flights20/07/2019
top notch Everyones very very friendly. And a nice bottomless wines.:) i think you should try it as anniversary/birthday treat.Sightseer6144657192906/05/2019
catching crayfish and eating them fresh off the BBQ This was an awesome day on the water - the team were really great hosts - the fishing was so much fun (even a port jackson shark was hauled in the pots) and the food was amazing.gcollish26/11/2019
A Fantastic Experience! Informative, delicious, friendly and fun.
A great crew who know their stuff and the freshest seafood you could possibly get all in a beautiful part of the world.GoPlaces6446966707313/03/2019
Fantastic from start to finish! Loved our 3 hour cruise with the crew, we met up with friends we had not seen in 10 years and two other couples on board. It was a beautiful boat, plenty of room and comfortable seating. Food was amazing and the drinks kept flowing! Lovely range of wines to choose from too. We caught a heaps of lobsters (crays) which was great fun to participate in - although most had to go back into the ocean as female we caught plenty for our lunch. We were lucky also to see some humpback whales - the first time for me so fantastic! Anchored in Parakeet Bay for our lunch, such a beautiful day, great company, delcious food and wonderful crew. Thank you so much for everything!472cazg18/10/2019
Excellent An entertaining day out with an abundance of seafood and drinks. Staff were so professional and ensured we all had a wonderful day out on the water.Passport50995014/05/2019