Wild Seafood Experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
Our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island, Rottnest.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of an indulgent 5-course menu (scroll down for full menu inclusions).
- Your adventure begins with canapes and drinks upon boarding.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, freshly shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets with Asian fusion tartare.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style.
- Finally comes dessert, with tropical fruits, and pineapple and coconut cream bites.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian still and sparkling wines from Howard Park, plus quality bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- A full day on Rottnest Island (up to 9 hours), with return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth, included in your package.
- All-inclusive 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience on board our premium charter vessel, The Crusader III. Boat features a large open lower deck, an upper sun deck and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities.
- Canapes and drinks served on arrival, among luxury boats moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay.
- Unlimited local still and sparkling Howard Park wines, bottled beers and soft drinks throughout the tour.
- Commentary, guidance and local sea knowledge from experienced crew.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your lunch feast prepared before you.
- Seafood banquet featuring your lobster catch and other ocean-fresh delicacies, followed by dessert. See full menu below.
- Casual yet stylish dining, with white linen tablecloths and full crew service.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy prime coastal views while moored in the calm turquoise waters of Longreach or Parakeet Bay.
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat.
where we cruise
Our 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience begins on Rottnest’s waterfront, among luxury yachts moored in Thomson Bay. We depart into crystal clear open waters of the Indian Ocean for an unforgettable journey of the senses.
As you enjoy a drink and canapes on arrival, we pass the famous Bathhurst Lighthouse on our way offshore in search of Western Rock Lobster.
After hauling in your lobster catch, we travel further along the coastline to find the most beautiful bay on the day (Longreach or Parakeet Bay), where we moor.
While anchored, indulge in a fresh seafood banquet fit for royalty (see full menu below). Following your feast, we pull-up anchor and make our way back to Thomson Bay.
Deluxe 5-Course Banquet
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh Seafood Platter
featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Blue Swimmer Crab (seasonal)
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Grilled Australian Barramundi fillets,
with Asian fusion tartare
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style
Broccoli & snow pea salad with sesame seed dressing
Vietnamese green mango salad
Asian chilli or fragrant Thai lemongrass rice
Fresh bread and butter
Condiments (soy, wasabi, Thai seafood sauce, seafood dressing, Worcester sauce and Tabasco)
Home cooked chocolate brownie with strawberries and dollop cream
Served throughout the cruise:
Premium still and sparkling wines from Howard Park
Quality local and imported bottled beers
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
We want all guests to love our cruise experience. So, of course, we can accommodate some food intolerances or specific dietary needs as far as reasonably practical, but please inform us with at least 24 hours’ notice (or preferably when making your booking). Please contact us to discuss. We can cater for non-seafood eaters, vegans and gluten intolerances, with advance notice. You are also welcome to bring your own food items on board.
Our boat has very limited storage space, so notification of food intolerances on the day is unlikely to be able to be accommodated, as logistics are planned in advance.
Price & Bookings
Click below to view
all-inclusive package, with ferry transfers
price for tour only, excluding ferry transfers
Only $219 Adult | $139 Child (5-12 years)
|DATES||Please check online for our cruise schedule and availability – click here.
Tours operate daily during peak WA holiday periods.
|TIME||11am to 2.30pm
(approximately 3 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
|DEPARTS||Berth 1 Main Ferry Jetty, Rottnest Island
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure, as we leave promptly at 11am. If you are not booking a Full-Day Package with us and are arranging your own ferry to Rottnest Island, please ensure you arrive on the Island in time to board our cruise no later than 10.45am. Click here for links and further information about transfers.
|WHAT TO BRING||Camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be agreed to when booking. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.|
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 24 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
Please note, if wanting to fish on board, swimming/snorkelling will not be possible at the same time.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
Purchase our all-inclusive full-day package from
$293 Adult | $176 Child
- Fully-inclusive 9-hour value package.
- Rottnest Island return ferry transfers. Choose to depart from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys – see ferry timetable.
- 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience (11am to 2.30pm), including chef-prepared 5-course banquet lunch, complimentary beverages, boat cruise, commentary and activities.
- Plus up to 6 hours of time to spend at your leisure on the Island.
Click on the ferry timetable below to see our package departure times with ferry operators
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Departures from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys.
An experience worth investing in! We soaked in the sun and had an amazing time fishing whilst eating the most delicious of seafood canapés. The scenery was beautiful and the cruise was incredibly enjoyable and relaxing as we watched the sun set. My family and I had the most fantastic time with Rottnest Cruises! Definitely an experience not to be missed!dcvnguyen05/02/2020
Fabulous Wild Seafood Experience Great few hours spent onboard seeing parts of Rottnest Island from the water, catching lobsters, chatting with the crew, locals and other visitors and enjoying a scrumptious freshly caught seafood lunch with local wines.
Highly recommended for friends, couples, or if travelling solo as people are so friendlyLeanne S17/11/2019
Great place to visit. Rottnest ferry departs from pier B located not far from the train station. Ferry is clean and fast. When you purchase your ticket(s) you have to state a return time but note this is flexible if you wish to return earlier. Payment is accepted in cash or card.
On arrival on the island you can purchase a ticket for a hop on hop off bus which will travel around the entire island. Superb beaches dotted around the island....Just keep an eye on the time so as not to miss the last ferry back. You can hire a bike to cycle around the island helmets are provided and are compulsory.
When you disembark on the island look out for the quakkas ...very photogenic.
Well worth a visitgmk3002/03/2020
We loved it! We had the best time on this cruise! I have been on this twice now and it was just as good the second time around. We had a wonderful sunny day and calm waters which made it perfect for relaxing on the boat with plenty of beautiful local wine and delicious seafood. We caught lots of crays and was excited to eat them freshly cooked straight from the sea to the bbq to my plate! The food was cooked to perfection by the chef! I also tasted my first cray sashimi! Would recommend this to anyone who loves relaxing and eating amazing seafood.Michelle F23/02/2020
Great Experience! Every aspect of the cruise was excellent and we had a wonderful time. It was fascinating learning about the lobsters and pulling in the lobster pots. It was also a thrill to see a number of sharks swimming so close to the boat. The beach scenery and clear waters around Rottnest Island are amazing. Our seafood lunch was delicious and the crew were friendly. We couldn't have asked for more!juliedelbridge20/01/2020
Incredible, down to earth and wonderful Last Friday my husband and I had the privilege of joining the wild seafood cruise. Pull up crayfish traps, incredible seafood lunch and jumped off the back of the boat and swan to the beach.
The onboard team are truly special people. Keeping it real whilst providing an exceptional, informative and safe experience.
This one joins the lifetime memories list. Simply fabulous, thank you so very much xScenic74151111/03/2019