Wild Seafood Experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
Our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island, Rottnest.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of an indulgent 5-course menu (scroll down for full menu inclusions).
- Your adventure begins with canapes and drinks upon boarding.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, freshly shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets with Asian fusion tartare.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style.
- Finally comes dessert, with tropical fruits, and pineapple and coconut cream bites.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian still and sparkling wines from Howard Park, plus quality bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- A full day on Rottnest Island (up to 9 hours), with return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth, included in your package.
- All-inclusive 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience on board our premium charter vessel, The Crusader III. Boat features a large open lower deck, an upper sun deck and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities.
- Canapes and drinks served on arrival, among luxury boats moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay.
- Unlimited local still and sparkling Howard Park wines, bottled beers and soft drinks throughout the tour.
- Commentary, guidance and local sea knowledge from experienced crew.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your lunch feast prepared before you.
- Seafood banquet featuring your lobster catch and other ocean-fresh delicacies, followed by dessert. See full menu below.
- Casual yet stylish dining, with white linen tablecloths and full crew service.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy prime coastal views while moored in the calm turquoise waters of Longreach or Parakeet Bay.
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat.
where we cruise
Our 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience begins on Rottnest’s waterfront, among luxury yachts moored in Thomson Bay. We depart into crystal clear open waters of the Indian Ocean for an unforgettable journey of the senses.
As you enjoy a drink and canapes on arrival, we pass the famous Bathhurst Lighthouse on our way offshore in search of Western Rock Lobster.
After hauling in your lobster catch, we travel further along the coastline to find the most beautiful bay on the day (Longreach or Parakeet Bay), where we moor.
While anchored, indulge in a fresh seafood banquet fit for royalty (see full menu below). Following your feast, we pull-up anchor and make our way back to Thomson Bay.
Deluxe 5-Course Banquet
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh Seafood Platter
featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Blue Swimmer Crab (seasonal)
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Grilled Australian Barramundi fillets,
with Asian fusion tartare
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style
Broccoli & snow pea salad with sesame seed dressing
Vietnamese green mango salad
Asian chilli or fragrant Thai lemongrass rice
Fresh bread and butter
Condiments (soy, wasabi, Thai seafood sauce, seafood dressing, Worcester sauce and Tabasco)
Home cooked chocolate brownie with strawberries and dollop cream
Served throughout the cruise:
Premium still and sparkling wines from Howard Park
Quality local and imported bottled beers
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
We want all guests to love our cruise experience. So, of course, we can accommodate some food intolerances or specific dietary needs as far as reasonably practical, but please inform us with at least 24 hours’ notice (or preferably when making your booking). Please contact us to discuss. We can cater for non-seafood eaters, vegans and gluten intolerances, with advance notice. You are also welcome to bring your own food items on board.
Our boat has very limited storage space, so notification of food intolerances on the day is unlikely to be able to be accommodated, as logistics are planned in advance.
Price & Bookings
Click below to view
all-inclusive package, with ferry transfers
price for tour only, excluding ferry transfers
Only $219 Adult | $139 Child (5-12 years)
|DATES||Please check online for our cruise schedule and availability – click here.
Tours operate daily during peak WA holiday periods.
|TIME||11am to 2.30pm
(approximately 3 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
|DEPARTS||Berth 1 Main Ferry Jetty, Rottnest Island
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure, as we leave promptly at 11am. If you are not booking a Full-Day Package with us and are arranging your own ferry to Rottnest Island, please ensure you arrive on the Island in time to board our cruise no later than 10.45am. Click here for links and further information about transfers.
|WHAT TO BRING||Camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be agreed to when booking. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.|
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 24 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
Please note, if wanting to fish on board, swimming/snorkelling will not be possible at the same time.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
Purchase our all-inclusive full-day package from
$293 Adult | $176 Child
- Fully-inclusive 9-hour value package.
- Rottnest Island return ferry transfers. Choose to depart from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys – see ferry timetable.
- 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience (11am to 2.30pm), including chef-prepared 5-course banquet lunch, complimentary beverages, boat cruise, commentary and activities.
- Plus up to 6 hours of time to spend at your leisure on the Island.
Click on the ferry timetable below to see our package departure times with ferry operators
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Departures from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys.
Catching Lobster and Seafood Cruise in Rottnest Island Very enjoyable and exciting cruise, free flow wines and we got a lot of lobsters. The seafood platter and lobsters are really delicious, worth to go.apple828pie30/01/2020
Amazing cruise!! My husband and I loved this cruise! Amazing seafood, great fun pulling cray pots and very friendly crew. Would recommend to anyone wanting to explore Rotto by boat.Robert J12/11/2019
Amazing Day This was a great day out could not recommend it more. The Crays were amazing that we caught for lunch.paulfitz2422/12/2019
Fantastic experience The Rottnest cruise was a brilliant day out and one of the highlights of my time in Western Australia. The staff on board were all incredibly accommodating from the moment we stepped on board and we we were treated to free flowing drinks and a wonderful seafood feast which was freshly caught in front of us, and by us! It was a really unique experience to pull the crays in ourselves and everyone on the trip got involved. I was made to feel very welcome despite being a solo traveller.
The boat was impeccably clean and it was just the perfect way to see some of the more remote beauty of Rottnest.
Thank you again. I hope to return one day.Grahamstandidge29/03/2020
Amazing experience Absolutely loved the tour!!! Was so much fun and very interesting learning about the cray fish. Great guides and very accommodating.Sharn H11/01/2020
magnificant this would be one of the most memorable trips I have done, my 16yr old Grandson was with me from Queensland and it is something he will always remember
The staff were extremely helpful, pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them
I would certainly encourage anyone to try this experience country we call this home and one of the best If you get a chance please try this adventure Barry Mcswan
I have lived in Perth all my life and I relies how special our2510bazza10/05/2019