Wild Seafood Experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
Our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island, Rottnest.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3 to 3.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of an indulgent five-course menu (scroll down for full menu inclusions).
- Your adventure begins with canapes and drinks upon boarding.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, Blue Swimmer crabs, fresh shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets with Asian fusion tartare.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style.
- Finally comes dessert, with tropical fruits, and pineapple and coconut cream bites.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian wines (Howard Park label), plus quality bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- A full day on Rottnest Island (up to 9 hours), with return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth, included in your package.
- All-inclusive 3/3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience on board our premium charter vessel, The Crusader III. Boat features a large open lower deck, an upper sun deck and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities.
- Canapes and drinks served on arrival, among luxury boats moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay.
- Unlimited local still and sparkling wines, bottled beers and soft drinks throughout the tour.
- Commentary, guidance and local sea knowledge from experienced crew.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your lunch feast prepared before you.
- Seafood banquet featuring your lobster catch and other ocean-fresh delicacies, followed by dessert. See full menu below.
- Casual yet stylish dining, with white linen tablecloths and full crew service.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy prime coastal views while moored in the calm turquoise waters of Longreach or Parakeet Bay.
- Chance to try your hand at fishing, with rods and bait supplied (on request).
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat.
Deluxe 5-Course Banquet
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh Seafood Platter
featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Mandurah Blue Swimmer Crabs
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Grilled Australian Barramundi fillets,
with Asian fusion tartare
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style
Fragrant Thai lemongrass rice
Broccoli & snow pea salad with sesame seed dressing
Fresh bread and butter
Tropical fruits platter
Pineapple & coconut cream bites
Served complimentary throughout the cruise:
West Australian wines (from Howard Park)
Quality bottled beers
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
Price & Bookings
All-inclusive, with ferry transfers
price for tour only, excluding ferry transfers
Only $199 Adult | $139 Child (5-12 years)
Dates – Tours run Thursday to Sunday (subject to a minimum total number of guests on board), with guaranteed departures (no minimum) on Saturdays.*
Time – 11am to 2/2.30pm (approx. 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
Departs – Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
(please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure as we leave promptly)
What to Bring – camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be signed. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 24 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
* In the unlikely event we don’t achieve the minimum number of passengers to run our tour, we will contact you to reschedule or if we cannot find a suitable date, will refund you in full.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
Purchase our all-inclusive full-day package from
$259 Adult | $174 Child
when booked on our website using code ‘SAVEONLINE’
- Fully-inclusive 9-hour value package.
- Rottnest Island return ferry transfers. Choose to depart from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys – see ferry timetable.
- 3 to 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience (11am to 2/2.30pm), including chef-prepared 5-course banquet lunch, unlimited beverages, boat cruise, commentary and activities.
- Plus up to 6 hours of time to spend at your leisure on the Island.
Click on the ferry timetable below to see our package departure times with ferry operators
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Departures from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys.
magnificant this would be one of the most memorable trips I have done, my 16yr old Grandson was with me from Queensland and it is something he will always remember
The staff were extremely helpful, pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them
I would certainly encourage anyone to try this experience country we call this home and one of the best If you get a chance please try this adventure Barry Mcswan
I have lived in Perth all my life and I relies how special our2510bazza10/05/2019
Fantastic trip My partner and I booked this tour to celebrate his 40th birthday and it was a fantastic experience. The crew on board were friendly and knowledgeable and the food and drinks were delicious. Couldn't recommend highly enough.Curious4384551982006/05/2019
Excellent An entertaining day out with an abundance of seafood and drinks. Staff were so professional and ensured we all had a wonderful day out on the water.Passport50995014/05/2019
Fantastic from start to finish! Loved our 3 hour cruise with the crew, we met up with friends we had not seen in 10 years and two other couples on board. It was a beautiful boat, plenty of room and comfortable seating. Food was amazing and the drinks kept flowing! Lovely range of wines to choose from too. We caught a heaps of lobsters (crays) which was great fun to participate in - although most had to go back into the ocean as female we caught plenty for our lunch. We were lucky also to see some humpback whales - the first time for me so fantastic! Anchored in Parakeet Bay for our lunch, such a beautiful day, great company, delcious food and wonderful crew. Thank you so much for everything!472cazg18/10/2019
A Fantastic Experience! Informative, delicious, friendly and fun.
A great crew who know their stuff and the freshest seafood you could possibly get all in a beautiful part of the world.GoPlaces6446966707313/03/2019
Great cruise This is a great relaxing cruise that will also educate you on catching crayfish. The meal included was wonderful, and staff friendly and happy.suzzj6414/05/2019